Sanskrit is vital to the study of Ayurveda and Vedantic wisdom. The sounds made by Sanskrit words hold the primary vibrations of the very things they name. Therefore the study of Sanskirt is a study of the most intrinsically powerful language on the planet.
- This full day Sanskrit workshop will include:
- Introduction to Sanskrit, the Sacred Language of Nature
- Introduction to the Devanagri Script
- Alphabet: Proper Pronunciation of Sanskrit Words
- Common Ayurveda & Yoga Terminology
- Literature: Basic Sanskrit Reading & Writing Skills
- The Chanting & Efficacy of Sanskrit Mantras
- Handouts and Resources for Continuing Your Studies
Alan Kellogg is a teacher of Sanskrit and a Vedanta scholar. He has studied Vedanta and Sanskrit in India and has a Master's degree in Sanskrit from the University of Washington. He currently teaches Sanskrit in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Alan has authored a five book set for learning the Sanskrit language through the Bhagavad Gita, a translation of the Bhagavad Gita, and a translation and commentary on Patanjali's Yoga Sutras. He has also created a pronunciation CD using sound clips attached to Gita verses; a unique and efficient tool for mastering the pronunciation and script of the Sanskrit language.
Contact us for more information on this workshop.